You might think that Forsyth is the reigning champion when it comes to sales but you’d be wrong. Here’s the top sellers in the metro Atlanta according to the MLS.
- Fulton County – of course Atlanta’s county would have the most homes at 1,440 homes sold, that’s a 10.26% increase with a median price of $245,000. That’s 5.15% appreciation over last year, ya’ll.
- Gwinnett County – No “top” list would be complete without Gwinnett. With 1,233 homes sold which represents a 15.45% JUMP! The median price just crested over $200K at $205,000 which represents an appreciation of 8.75%!!
- Part of the big 3 – Cobb County! With 1,001 homes sold, Cobb is steady as she goes with a very small increase over last years sales (0.20%). The median price of homes in Cobb is $236,000 which is a whopping 9.77% increase (not the top though!)
- Dekalb County comes in fourth with 897 home sales which is 11.57% increase over last year. A surprising $192K median price makes Dekalb county the most affordable in the top counties. That’s a 5.38% increase.
- Finally, Cherokee County, representing the 2nd biggest jump in sales, at 11.58% but at $240,500 median price you’re look at a huge 17.75% appreciation. Something’s going on over there!
Related Real Estate Resources: